Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Oct 2013 09:40:19 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Another reminder to check your fuel lines
Comments: To: Tom Carchrae <tom@carchrae.net>

I had a fire due to a fine oil mist spraying out over the engine from a broken breather tower o-ring. I hit it fast with Halon before the fuel system was compromised but it cooked the FP regulator and would have burned through a fuel line had I not nailed it quickly. I don't know the source of ignition. Had to replace about everything in the engine compartment.

That o-ring is NLA and hard to find.

John Meeks '91 Vanagon MV Phoenix Stock 2.1 250K miles Northern Michigan

Vanagon Rescue Squad <http://www.vanagonauts.com/Vanagon-Rescue-Squad74.htm> Android and iOS apps

www.vanagonauts.com