Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Oct 2013 17:54:10 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tin top camping

When I installed the interior from a westie into my tin top I left out the wardrobe and the overhead at the rear so that I could still use my van for work and also for room for my bicycles inside and sailboard equipment. I can still haul plywood or sheetrock without the rear cabinets in there. I got the whole interior for just $250 which is probably less than the wood cost alone, and it installed in under a day with ease. The holes are all there..... The sink, faucet and the propane fridge are great as is the stove...Handy and not too intrusive in everyday use....

When I am inside due to rain or cold I just work off my knees at the 'kitchen'...I have some work kneepads I sometimes use but normally I just toss a towel or blanket down and kneel on that I avoid having to stoop over that way.......I do wish I had a swivel passenger seat...I'll be finding one of those sometime...I have one small solar panel that stashes behind the driver seat when traveling. It meets my protracted camping needs, usually...