Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:37:57 -0700
From:         Angus Gordon <birdworks@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.2 into a 1.9 case
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks Dennis & John,

I'm pretty familiar with specified overhaul periods in the aviation world, as that's where I earn my living. Fortunately those specifications are based on something much better than the 50/50 survival rate for Dennis' diesel!

I just now read the earlier posts in this thread (is it really a year old?) and see Stuart referenced the GoWesty warranty period. Is it safe to assume their 5% failure rate is while under warranty only? How about the quoted VW of C rate of 50%? What's that based on? As Dennis suggested, some documentation would be nice.

...and I still don't know how much warranty to give myself on one of my rookie waterboxer overhauls. :)

Angus