Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Oct 2013 19:08:59 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: poor startup and cold running  2.1 WBX
Comments: To: "greentabe-vanagon@yahoo.com" <greentabe-vanagon@YAHOO.COM>

Once the temp 2 sensor is proven out (including wiring) and the air flow meter is good, poor starting and running performance is usually a sign of a mechanical or fuel delivery problem. Bad sealing intake valves and worn guides can make for some real fun. So begin with the compression and leak down tests. Then the next step is checking the injectors. Bad spray patterns usually show up as poor cold running problems Once things get warm and the fuel can vaporize with heat the engine will be more forgiving. Excessive carbon on the back of the intake valves will also cause cold running issues as the fuel is being absorbed instead of vaporized.

Dennis