Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:40:17 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1991 vanagon - Auxiliary Battery wiring upgrade
Comments: To: KevinPGilleran <kevin@gilleranenergy.com>

I ran a big wire across the chassis outside, up behind the tank wheel well to wheel well..... like you are talking about. It connects to a relay that is active with the motor on, or when switched on separately I put a 'fusable link' or a giant fuse on the Aux battery feed wire connection at the main battery....Ground like you plan. Mine seem to work fine but I don't have any big drawing items like your amp might be. Not sure if having just one fuse over at the main battery is good to protect that big feed wire, I think so but maybe someone would chime in..My relay is one of the large clunking kinds, copied from the trailer set up in my Ford pickup, which is very well used now..