Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Oct 2013 23:35:14 -0700
From:         Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tin top camping
Comments: To: Dave <fjazzbass@gmail.com>

I heartily recommend just adding snaps to the front of the van, and sewing some curtains, or buying cafe curtains! The snaps you can buy from any hardware store. They have the male snap with a screw set in. Make sure you get a set with the snap tool! you will need a hammer, and this tool to set the snaps onto the curtain side. you will need 6 to 8 snaps. 8, if you want a second, lower snap at the backside of the front doors. You will need a metal drill bit too. I can take pictures if you need exact placement of the snaps.

Next, get some bungee cord, or parachute cord for a curtain rod. Drill holes to put screws in along the top, either side of the driver side windows. One at the front, one at the back, and one in between. Then string the cafe curtains up, tie off onto each screw. Do the same for the rear side window on the passenger side. The slider door I put snaps at the front and rear along the top, and set snaps in the curtain appropriately. The back is nice to have the cord, with curtains, as you can close them if it is sunny, and want shade with the back open, when you are not camping!

I want to offer my extra front curtain to you if you want it! It is a quilt square curtain. Maybe not stylish, but very functional! I live in Corvallis, OR. (Currently in LA, but leaving tomorrow night). Call me if you want it. Or anyone else that might need one.

My phone number is 541-231-4383.

Julianna 1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia with Tiico conversion. (The Rastafalia) 1988 VW Vanagon. (James)