Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:00:22 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: WAS Change fuel hose from tank to pump NOW stopping smaller
              lines
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

I have .. those are rubber. Much safer to use than any dowel made of wood.

On 10/12/2013 1:32 PM, Jim Felder wrote: > Then you have probably never seen the contents of a Mity-Vac kit. > > Jim > > > On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>wrote: > >> It has never occured to me to stick anything soft and pointy into an >> automotive brake line ! >> >> there are two very simple solutions.. >> for a metal brake line, to cap it off, slide the nut back, put a rubber bleed >> valve cap on the flared end. >> >> for a hose .. >> scrounge an old metal brake line off a dead vanagon somewhere.. >> cut it short, like 2 inches.. >> smash or flatten the cut end .. >> and there's your hose blocker offer. >> >> >> On 10/12/2013 6:43 AM, Jim Felder wrote: >> >> Don, >> >> How do you use them to stop brake lines? I find I have to take a dowel and >> sharpen it in a pencil sharpener to get a decent fit into a brake line, and >> even then the point is so delicate that it wants to break off, and then I >> have to retrieve it. A better way of stopping brake fluid leaking from >> brake and clutch fittings has been on my mind lately, having encountered a >> bunch of it while working on the suspension. >> >> What do others do? >> >> Jim >> >> >> >>