Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Oct 2013 14:19:38 -0400
From:         Paul van Dyck <plvandyck@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tin Top Camping

I actually prefer camping in my Syncro 7 passenger tin top. A large Thule rack and box up top, four bike rack off the back, and assorted other stuff and I'm good to go while still being able using it for a cargo hauler and car pooling the kids. I did the cardboard thing and have hand sewn curtains, but for privacy and even driveway cooling, I strongly recommend VW Vanagon Sun Block W/ Screens from http://fanchers.com/228/vanagon%20sun%20block%20w%20screens.htm . Pre kids actually lived in it for a few months with the wife. I store most necessary camping gear in a large plastic tub w/lid in garage. Drag that to the van, throw in chairs, tent for my teen age daughters, and cooler, and we are gone quickly. Our camping style is Spartan- don't need to bring the house. May be a bit blasphemous to this crowd but have no desire for a Westy....

Paul

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 20:55:12 -0400 From: TonyCollin <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM> Subject: Re: Tin top camping

So for the completely ghetto approach a variations of these have been used a= nd came in handy more than a few times: cardboard wedge in anyway possible t= o side and back windows. Kept under the mattress in the trunk. These can be h= eld by bungees or little cord straps. For the front I use a huge sunscreen r= oll. It is one of those sliver light reflective sun shades.=20 These does not work well I'm the heat I may add. The mesh/curtains with magn= ets are what I will sew in the future. I like to secure from the inside.=20=

Ready made stuff, I would go with Jonce's things. Seen his stuff envivo and i= t is quality.=20

Gl=20 Tony

Sent from my iPhone