Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:09:39 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Runaway Engine RPMs
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

Right Stuart...

I've checked that nothing in that linkage is jammed or stuck. AND it stopped happening after a cooldown.and restart but not after a momentary shutdown.

I have the Digifant Pro Training manual on my phone. That's logic. I like Scotts' idle control unit idea . Pro Training has s page on that.

3000 RPM with no load for more than a few seconds IS pretty disconcerting.

John '