Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:20:40 -0400
From:         Craig Cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: She runs!!!!! Finally
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

The lifters pumped up well and I made the final valve adjustment. It's shocking how much that quiets down and smooths things out! Anyway, it's running. I've heat cycled it 4-5 times (10-15min each time) and set the timing. The idle is rock solid and the system feels smooth and quiet.

However.......... There is quite defined exhaust smoke. It's hard to tell if its coolant or oil related though. I do expect a certain level of bad smoke for a while since this engine has sat for years, but in the past when I bring one back to life it stops smoking by about now.

What can I possibly test and check?

-craig