Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:40:01 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Used Vanagon Parts: Canada to US
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

here's one border crossing story .. from Canada into the US .. used subaru engine in the back of a vanagon ...engine about 6 yrs old.

I think there was some mention of a 300 dollar 'no fees' limit ..something like that. The US guys had us come inside there building .. we hung out there for 45 minutes while they thought about it I suppose.. then they said ...'ok, you can go now.' and that was the whole deal.

I don't think they really quite knew or cared. Not like it's a whole car or anything .. just and old car part.

and there is some rule about 'antique car parts' ...like those are free to bring in. I'd say 81... at 32 yrs old qualifies for antique. there are So Many far more crazy and intense things to be concerned about in the world that a few used car parts.

On 10/16/2013 12:28 PM, Neil N wrote: > Hi all. > > I think the answer lies somewhere in this Vanagon list thread: > > http://tinyurl.com/nxryhq6 > > but for those who've transported used Vanagon parts from Canada to US..... > > Did you find that simply explaining to the US border officer in the > booth that you were transporting "antique" used parts to a person in > the US, was sufficient? Or, was there paper work involved? > > Value of parts would be "free" and are from a 1981 Vanagon. > > > Thanks, > > Neil. > > -- > Neil n > > Blog: tubaneil.blogspot.ca > > '88 Westy http://tinyurl.com/c8rlw6p > > '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ > > Vanagon VAG Gas inline-VR Engine Swap Group: > > http://tinyurl.com/d7gd5ej >