Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:20:23 -0400
From:         David <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How much can I "safely" carry in my Vanagon?
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@gmail.com>

Ha, I love it...

Bus is in pretty good shape, minimal rust- all brakes done by me...running pretty well....

Rolling through Florida with grain we are getting from Montana- hence having to drive across state to get to the only outlet that gets us the price on organic wheat that we can get.

As far as we're aware- GM wheat isn't YET legal in the states...our customers keep us honest on that one. They even got a little squirrely when we had purchased "certified chemical free" which came from the same supplier and couldn't be labelled organic because of the land lying fallow requirement (or so we were told) that USDA places on it.

I don't know of many slopes between us- Cocoa Beach area to Tampa area...

One concern I have is carrying all those bags INSIDE with people...I am considering pulling a small trailer a friend has... We usually go across with a 15 passenger van with all the seats removed- but gas mileage- and the experience- make me want to bring the bus...

Thanks for the replies- we're going to make a go of it...

Oh yeah, we're driving on Vanco 8's.

Dave 85 GL "Baby Bus"