Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:01:37 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: idea? The Vanagon in RV parks.

Yes, I agree with this observation. I remember trips in the past where temps were in the 95 to 100 degree range and we'd completely open the van up and try to sleep under a sheet. Our kids (about 10 and 12 then) dubbed the place "devils breath," but there was little air movement.

I also remember arriving at camp spots around 8 or 9 and removing the engine lid to speed cooling it off before trying to sleep in the van. Didn't work all that well as I recall.

This is in the west though where the humidity is not terrible. I simply would not go "camping" in the summer humidity in some parts of the US.

Stuart Does not tolerate high humidity well