Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:09:26 -0700
From:         Angus Gordon <birdworks@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why do some CL sellers NOT mention that it's a camper?
Comments: To: Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>

I think in a lot of cases the owner doesn't really know what they have. You're correct, Stephen, that there is certainly some advantage to the buyer who broadens their search terms.

Sometimes the ad for a "VW camper" means the owner doesn't know enough to insert the word Westfalia, and other times it means the vehicle is a non-Westfalia conversion.

I once found a '67 camper for sale in Craigslist with no mention of VW, Volkswagen, bus, split-window, Westfalia, or any other useful term. (I found it using "Bainbridge")

I purchased my Syncro in 1999 from an online ad for a "VW Vanagon". No mention of Syncro or AWD etc. The only clue was "5 speed transmission", which made me wonder if it might possibly be a Syncro. It was, and $900 later it was mine!

Angus Bainbridge Island WA