Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Nov 2013 07:05:55 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propex alternative? and Fan 12 volt ceiling fan.
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

It really doesn't matter what fan you have and or use, I have Sirocco and love it but it is a bit pricey. That same company makes all sorts of small very quiet fans. The big thing is moving the air to keep the cold and hot spots down. Also from losing heat out the top side where the heat rises up to. The R Value on the stock Canvas is basically nothing. Yes I do Make the R-8 Thermal but was not here to push them. But if interested let me know and I can send you the link. The Propex that I have seen and read on are way cool and the under body one to me is the way to go. Thought it might fit by the trans as well but do not know the demensions. But the pipes can probably pipe the heat anywhere you want. I did also meet a guy with a cool wabesto ( I think ) that was very cool as well that ran on gas, Heck VW use to make them and put them in Bay buses all the time, Blanking on the company, use to be a company that would rebuild and resell them in the 90s. Me personally with wife and 2 kids use the thermal. Outside windshield covers that act like a blanket to reduce thermal transfer and good sleeping bags, Quiet Fan. Now if stationary camping with side tent we tend to set up the little buddy in the tent and it will heat up the side tent and the Vanagon just fine even in knee deep snow and morning temps of 15 degrees. If we have power then just a small fan powered electric heater with thermostat. 100 ways to skin and cat and stay warm. We tend to not do much extreme cold camping but do camp till the snow flies.

Dennis's ceiling fan might take out your for head waking up in the morning and not sure if I would have the width to mount it in the van. Just kidding.

New heaters are more efficient all the time. The cool thing is going to shows and big VW camp outs and seeing what the other guys are doing.

All in good fun. Jonce