Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:46:04 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Eurovan propane tank
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

DOT or ASME. You have propane to need to follow those rules. Years ago some allowed up to 10lbs. There was a reason for the small tank.

Dennis, From my phone. ________________________________ From: Rocket J Squirrel<mailto:camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> Sent: ‎11/‎11/‎2013 9:56 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Re: Eurovan propane tank

I'll be hornswoggled. I've never heard of such a thing. Are we referring here to Westies with modified propane not being able to drive through those tunnels, or even stock Westies?

-- Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, Bend, Ore.

On 11/11/2013 06:52 AM, Dennis Haynes wrote: > No it can't. I learned the hard way. Got caught at the toll both. No New York tunnels or the Baltimore tunnels. Many ferries restrict or make you secure the valve. Chesapeake bridge tunnel will inspect that it is turned off. > > Dennis, > From my phone. > ________________________________ > From: Larry Alofs<mailto:lalofs@GMAIL.COM> > Sent: ‎11/‎11/‎2013 9:39 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Subject: Re: Eurovan propane tank > > So, a Westy can't legally go thru the Lincoln Tunnel? > > > > On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>wrote: > >> Before you add propone consider your travels. No more tunnels! As this is a >> new installation you should also add flammable gas detector and CO alarm. >> The piping methods and any appliance have to be listed for the application. >> For us that means "suitable for use in a recreational vehicle". I don't >> think the 3" clearance is much of an issue for the Vanagon. I have seen a >> few damaged tanks on the Eurovan though from road damage. >> >> Dennis >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of >> Harry Hoffman >> Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:36 PM >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Subject: Eurovan propane tank >> >> Hi All, >> >> I'm kicking around the idea of adding a propane tank to my vanagon >> (non-westy). >> >> GoWesty is selling the Eurovan tank (5.9G instead of 3.3) with a loss of 3" >> ground clearance. >> >> They are also selling it for $50 less then usual for November. >> >> Anyone installed one of those and can talk about what the loss of 3" >> means for practical purposes? >> >> Cheers, >> Harry >>