Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:17:44 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: FREE parts in San Francisco tomorrow morning only
Comments: To: Ben <syncro@GMAIL.COM>

My best East Bay Area to the Marin side vanagon purchase was an 85 .. for 200 bucks, with a good used auto trans. The guy delivered it by tow truck to my shop in Sausalito .. I never even saw him ...the van just 'showed up.'

Then I got more for my dead auto trans core in my Wolfsburg 84 Westy than I paid for that 85. I still have the 85 too. Gonna be my next 'runner' vanagon. Zero rust as it lived in the desert somewhere, only one small dent. I save 'em if they're any good at all...water-cooled, and after 82, no rust, and most of mine have almost no dents.

I'm resurecting an 84 tintop in case anyone is interested in a rust-free low cost one of those. Location Southern Oregon.

Hope your give-away event went smashingly ! Scott On 11/17/2013 11:54 PM, Ben wrote: > Suck it up. When I bought this van, the guy gave me 1 hour to fetch at 5pm on a Friday across the SF Bay in the worst part of East Oakland. I fought the traffic for 1 hour and 40 minutes to drive the 13 miles. I paid the man in cash and said thank you very much for the opportunity. The price was right. > > What is it they say? > > "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." > > Something like that. And Scott, are definitely feeling around the horse's back side right now. Be careful because I heard those pretty ponies can have a mean kick. Merry Christmas.;-) > > > BenT A Klaus > sent from my sleigh > >> On Nov 17, 2013, at 10:19 PM, Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: >> >> A 'little inconvenience' ...........like very short notice ? lol. >> The price is right though. >> Scott >> Prisoner # 4725