Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:14:26 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Arduino and Vanagons
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

If you read the instructions (LOL), the basic setting actually get set for the valve to be required at some minimum limit. The valve should always be doing "something" at idle.

Dennis

Much like Donny in the movie The Big Lebowski, I may be "out of my element" here but.....

Assuming a properly functioning engine and IS system, if one measured current draw at the ISV, loads on and off, at idle, cruising speed and WOT, could they get a really good idea of when the ISV is used? (valve changes position). Maybe a graphing meter would be useful in this regard? My guess is that at idle, no loads (PS, AC) the valve is closed. Or.....

Isn't the ICU basically taken out of the picture any time the throttle is just off idle or at WOT? (throttle enrichment switch activated or not).

Did you find the correct "Vanagon" Digifant pro training manual online? If not, can send more images. There may be some useful in there for your needs.

Neil.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM, Brett Ne <brettn777@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This still wouldn't tell me the most important information that I > > need to > know: how is the idle air valve supposed to behave outside of the > normal idle conditions. Is it supposed to be closed, partially open, > or fully open during engine startup, driving down the road, and fully > open throttle. I haven't found a source that positively tells me how > the idle air valve should be behaving under these conditions, so I > have to have some measurements from a healthy controller in order to find out.

-- Neil n

Blog: tubaneil.blogspot.ca

'88 Westy http://tinyurl.com/c8rlw6p

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas inline-VR Engine Swap Group:

http://tinyurl.com/d7gd5ej