Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Nov 2013 08:56:07 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: replacing window glass seals
Comments: To: Michael <mbucchino@charter.net>

Seems like that would be perfect. Weeder string occurred to me, but it seems stiff enough to come out of the channel when the glass is handled. I used paracord I bought at home depot simply because I already had a hundred feet or so left from my use of it to stuff under some rubber seals to paint a panel (the cord holds the seals off of the body so you can mask over the edge of the rubber). But the weedeater cord would offer less friction against the rubber PLUS be very strong. I will use that and gojo next time. Hopefully there won't be a next time : )

Jim