Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Dec 2013 11:44:01 -0500
From:         Steven Shelton <shelton4@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Headlight Relay Kit Problems

And I thought this would be easy. I'm installing the Bus Depot Vision Kit headlight upgrade kit on my 1985 camper (they use relays from That VW Bus Guy). The instructions say to put the red wires from the relays on the open terminal of fuse #7. Well, there's no open terminal on fuse #7. It says if there is no open terminal on fuse #7, use fuse #9. Well, there's no open terminal on fuse #9, either. The only open terminal on a 16 amp fuse is #10. Should I use fuse #10? RidersRule on TheSamba soldered the lower gauge wire on fuse #7 to one of the red relay wires. Is this a better solution?

While I was fiddling with the relays, one of the red wires fell out of the box connected to the relay. I don't think I pulled on it that hard; it may not have been crimped very well. Is there a way to get the spade connector out of the box so I can re-crimp it? There's obviously something locking it in place.