Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Dec 2013 19:27:35 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Know someone who *fixes* Mylar circuit boards, then?
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>

I first saw the connector board on a German website, can’t recall the url right now, but David must have seen it too and realized what a great product it is.

The pin/contact spacing on the board is I think a standard spacing. So you could find a board and surface mount terminal strips and make your own. But the pre made one would be in the end less expensive ( I think it is 50 bucks) when you count in your time (and it has the added plus of labels for the 14 current paths) the pre made is the best option.

The only gotchya for the rewire is making a durable contact spot for the cluster lighting. Jarrett mentions adhesive copper foil in his blog post and I have tried that on a spare cluster. It is tricky to get just right and not to peel up with the tighter tolerance LED leash lights.

I’m at the point that if I take my cluster out one more time and do anything to it, the foil will be beyond repair. I’m making it a post Christmas priority to order a board from David and do the hardwire.

alistair