Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:38:44 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 12 volt battery rejuvination/restoration
Comments: To: David Clarkson <dvdclarksn@AOL.COM>

In the industrial world we frequently repair batteries. 48 volt 1,000 A/H batteries get real expensive. We replace cells and yes we perform acid adjustments and various charge cycles to correct sulfating and other issues. However except for neutralizing spills I would never add baking soda to a battery. More importantly for car batteries the time and trouble just isn't worth it. A $2,000 to $10,000 battery or bank you try to fix. A battery that costs about the same as a tank of fuel just isn't worth any effort. Especially if it can mean getting hurt or even left on the side of the road. The tow will cost more.

Dennis