Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:36:03 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Camper question
Comments: To: Alain Thibault <alainthibault@TELUS.NET>

Alain,

You are confusing the 120v wiring with the 12 volt wiring. That outlet is for running the fridge off shore power. On 12v the fridge has a relay under the driver's seat that only allows it to run when the engine is running.

You need to hook up a 12v charger of sufficient capacity to run your 12v items, and you could use this outlet to plug it in. Most folks install an isolated second battery and power the often used 12v items from it. Your charger can charge both batteries and run your 12v stuff as long as it's powerful enough.

The EVC had all this, the Westy does not.

Stuart (I've owned both too, and also sold my '97 EVC money pit and bought an '85 Westy)