Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jan 2014 22:15:14 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Clam shell question

Hi tony and others,

My lack of knowledge about tires is becoming more clear to me as this thread continues.

I wanted the extra rim in case I need to keep my spare as a 185 R 14 to fit in my clam Shell. I baught 5 new tires thinking I could rotate them easier by putting the spare into the rotation. I also bought the 5th tire thinking that if the general ultimax became hard to find I might be in trouble if one of my four was damaged and I could not get a replacement. I thought of it as a little insurance. It would be easiest to just let my 9 year old tires go completely but not if I can't fit one of the new ones as a spare. So, I thought i would need a extra rim if I keep the old 185 r 14 as a spare and rotate my other 5 on a regular bases.

It sounds like my rotation idea may be a bust.

More info on this would be appreciated. Also,Max, I read on a earlier post that the smaller hoses may still be available from van cafe but I wanted to get as much info from the list before calling them for my next order.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto