Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:10:07 -0600
From:         JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transaxel tool
Comments: To: Project Pat <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>

Just cut off a straight section of that 17mm Allen wrench - then use one of those ratcheting box end wrenches with it. Works.

John

On 1/15/2014 8:08 AM, Project Pat wrote: > Home Depot is barely a tool or hardware store. > > I don't know about a specific HF tool, but easy enough to make with 17mm > allen wrench and old 17mm socket. > > Just cut a strait section off the allen wrench and tack weld inside the old > socket. > > > > I realize not everyone is set up to do this, but for me it's a lot less time > and money than driving around looking for one. > > > > _____ > > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > David Bjorkman > Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:29 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Transaxel tool > > > > Hi All; > > I went to check my tranny fluid level yesterday and could not find my cut > off 17mm allen wrench. So I'm thinkin' maybe I'll upgrade to an allen > socket or something. Right. So I'm off to Home Depot, Gem Auto, Sears, > Advance Auto, ... and no one has a 17mm allen socket, or even a 17mm allen > wrench. Then Harbor Freight comes to mind, but I also remembered someone > mentioned a tool (I think at HF) specific to removing that big allen bolt. > That would be an upgrade indeed. > > So, can anyone out there fill me in on the tool that does the job before I > tear the workshop apart or go to HF? > > > > Dave B. >