Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:29:23 -0800
From:         "SDF ( Scott Daniel Foss )" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Syncor tire sticker
Comments: To: Angus Gordon <birdworks@GMAIL.COM>

I am willing to be convinced that I am reading the tire sticker on a syncro incorrectly.

and ..every time I look at one .. including your posted picture .. take the two top lines..

I simply can not interpret that any other way except to see that is says ..

front takes a 185 R14C 6PR at 40 psi. and rear takes a 185 R14C 8PR at 48 psi.

you are welcome to try to convince me that those two lines mean something else.

it gives 3 possibilites for tires. let's just talk about the 185 R14C's and the top two lines.

I do not have customers anymore. I was well due to retire anyway .. and 'the supreme customer from hell of all time' showed up.

first this 30 yr old very damaged felon knew about a signficant sum I might be getting .. then he started threateing me, including VOWING on June 14, 2013 in a phone conversation get that money. And then he hung up the phone on me. And I was working on his van for free because he was threatening me ...plus we were freinds .part of his scam. After that vow to get that sum from me I shut everything down ...put my whole place in lock down ...called the cops ..turned off my webiste etc. To help get rid of this awful couple. I am barely telling you all the insane things they did ...wouldn't let me work on the thing but would threaten me about it not running right .. it actually got to '......'oh, you're going to sue because you wont' let me work on your van for free ?"

so I chase them away and close everything down. a fat 6 months later ..this guy is a vanagon owner too...decent people usualy. .. I had papers served on me seeking $ 40,000 ..with a civil complaint that was packed with insane lies like I set his 85 Westy on fire, that I took off good parts and put on worn out ones.. a fat 25 items of pure fabrication and lies.

I should do just fine ...as I have tons of documentation and witnesses ..I don't think it'll even get to court..today is day 55 since this crisis started. I think the other side is just falling apart about their totally unsupported case ..the guy's lawyer has only had his license a year .. he dropped out of a case last year that my lawyer told me about ..so I think I'll do fine.

I won't get compensated for the 300+ hours I have invested in this project.. My real goal is to just get it stopped for good. I sure have learned a LOT though ! Especially about civil proceedings .. and to watch out for too friendly people.

but I'll tell ya ..there some people .( the younger the greater the danger too ) ...they say ANYTHING to try to gain off someone else. it can sure undermine someone's faith in other people .. and *mostly* vanagon owners are really decent people as a group.

a few cheap people here and there..but that's not a real problem though.

and ..try to convince me it does not say 6 PR front and 8 PR rear on the top two tires listed on the tire sticker on a syncro.

I don't agree with you about the horizontal line. The third tire listed... proves that they are saying for that tire ..the reinforced one .....they use the same tire front and rear .. but for the other two sizes listed.. its' 6PR front 8 PR rear.

there is no other way to interpret that in my mind.

scott joke name Jim Lahey for those who know Trailer Part Boys. formerly .... and hey ....exacty 30 years and 8 days of making thousands of people extremely happy working on their cars..since I started Scott Foss Foreign Car Repair and Consulting on June 1, 1983 .. a day on which this ***hole was a two month old infant, that's enough.

On 1/20/2014 3:28 PM, Angus Gordon wrote: >> and if no one believes me about D's in the rear, C's in the front..look >> at a syncor tire pressure sticker sometime. >> says right on it ...rear 8PR, front 6PR. >> >>> > Actually it doesn't say that at all Scott - bad advice. > > Run what you want on a 2WD, but a Syncro's tires should obviously all be > identical if running a stock drive-train. Here's a photo of my Syncro > sticker - > > < > https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Cj48oPtaMjQ3hxDdKrMhLtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink > Notice on the first two lines there is no horizontal line between 185R14C > 6PR and 185R14C 8PR. This means they both use the same front/rear pressures > to the right. The horizontal line has a meaning. > > Using your logic I could use 205/70R1497R tires on the front. and > "reinforced" on the back (see sticker). > > I'm sure your Syncro customers don't run different tires front and back - > do they? > > > Angus >