Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:54:15 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Soliciting VW Engine Recommendations
Comments: To: "SDF ( Scott Daniel Foss )" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

I am very familiar and a big fan of CIS or CIS/E, (O2 sensor). Any of these systems have a lot of opportunity for engine enhancements. Very simply as the engine sucks more air you get more fuel. The downsides of this system is that it is easily damaged by dirt or moisture in the fuel, some parts are expensive, and few know how to fix it. A fuel pressure gauge and valve set are more important than a multi-meter. The death kneel for these systems was emissions requirements and the issues with intake valve deposits and valve guide wear. The major disadvantages was the inability to turn the injectors off when the engine was being overrun and for the CIS-E to respond fast enough to O2 sensor input. My 88 fox has the CIS-E, I had a 560SEL with it and countless other VW's including a 79 Sirocco, and 81 Rabbit convertible.

Dennis