Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:24:07 -0500
From:         TonyCollin <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Towing a vanagon with a U-Haul car dolly
Comments: To: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>

Harry

I'll throw in my vote for the trailer. I pulled mine tin top from Michigan to Delaware. Fully loaded largest Uhaul truck with vanagon plus parts in it on the trailer and it was comfortable. Just watch the crazies at merges and ramps. Jersey (concrete) barriers can be of concern with narrow roads. But 100% less than with a tow dolly.

The trailer will ride better in all aspects and the extra $$ is just peace if mind. When you do stop to gas up or rest, check your straps and chains some jiggle a bit. But you can keep an eye on that too.

Safe travels! T.