Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:43:15 -0800
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncros. Positractions, Peloquins, and One Wheel Drives
Comments: To: TonyCollin <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM>

You find a Peloquin for my Vanagon for ~$150, lemme know where and whether they have more than one.

-- Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, Bend, Ore.

On 01/29/2014 07:39 PM, TonyCollin wrote: > So what is the damage $$ for a peloquin on a vanagon? > > I know that these are not terribly expensive ~$150 for vw 020 type > trannies. I guess I never thought what the van would need it for > until all of this weather. Not even in Michigan where we lived and > snows deep. > > T. > > On Jan 29, 2014, at 4:23 PM, Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> > wrote: > > RE: Peloquin Differentials I have the Peloquin in my '90 Westy > automatic. Also limited slip in my daily driver, a '90 T-Bird LX. > Last winter, shortly after getting the Peloquin in, we had a little > snow here. I deliberately went out and found some side streets with > several inches of undisturbed wet nasty snow. And was very pleased > with the performance, couldn't get the Westy to actually spin a wheel > that I could feel. Tried hard but I just kept going. The Nokian > tires probably helped some also. And on several occasions I have > been in mud or sand or loose dirt and realized that I had driven out > of something that in the past I might have had to deal with > differently So far very satisfied with the Peloquin diff even though > I have not given it any severe tests. >