Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Jan 2014 06:30:44 -0800
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      NVC - VW ad ephemera on local CL

No Vanagon stuff, but lots of other old ads that sound familiar: http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/4271175334.html   Vintage Volkswagen Ads (Sandston) I'm selling off my extensive collection of vintage Volkswagen ads. Email me for pictures of individual ads. $5 each. Willing to negotiate a bit for buying multiple ads. Beetle/Type 1 *8"x11"*: After a few years, it starts to look beautiful. Any change will be an improvement. Don't let the low price scare you off (5.25"x7") Even the bottom of a Volkswagen looks funny. Every now and then a VW runs into a little trouble at the factory It makes your house look bigger. Introducing the 1973 Beetle: Re-introducing the 1972 price It's a bird. It's a plane. It's a Volkswagen? Last one to conk out is a Volkswagen Save Gas The oldest reason in the world for buying a new one. The inside is finished like the outside. The 1962 1/2 Volkswagen The 1970 VW will stay ugly longer. Which came first? You're missing a lot when you own a Volkswagen Why are so many people looking into a Volkswagen (2 page with Lemon/Why? on the backs) *10.5"x13.5"*: After we paint the car we paint the paint All good things must come to an end An amazing new ingredient now comes in this familiar package. Do you earn too much to afford one? Does the stickshift scare your wife? Every new one comes slightly used In 1949, we sold 2 Volkswagens in the U.S.A. Introducing the three new Volkswagens. (Fastback, Squareback, Bug - two pages) It comes in three economy sizes. (Color. Beetle, Type 3, Bus side-by-side) It takes this many mean to inspect this many Volkswagens. (Two pages) Made in U.S.A. Need a part? No point in showing '62 Volkswagen. It still looks the same. Our number one salesman Repair 'em? I've got enough parts of build 'em! Sometimes we get the feeling we're being followed Sooner or later, your wife will drive home one of the best reasons for owning a Volkswagen That's how many times we inspect a Volkswagen The famous Italian designer suggested one shane The fender came off a '58. The blue hood came off a '59...(color, multicolor Beetle) The lowest-priced economy car you can buy because it's the highest-priced economy car you can sell. (Two pages) The oldest Volkswagen in America Think Big. (1973 Super Beetle. Color, two pages) This is why a Volkswagen has so much legroom in front. Two ridiculous gimmicks of the 1940's Volkswagen overdoes it again: 4 coats of paint We've had 23 years to straighten out our bugs Which came first? Who in the world seals the bottom? Volkswagen. Why does the Volkswagen have 4 forward speeds? You don't have to replace half the car. *!All non-Bug ads are 10.5"x13.5" unless otherwise noted!* Type 2: For the price of some station wagons and their optional extras, you can buy a VW Station Wagon and this optional extra (Bus/Bug, color) Karmann Ghia: In 1969, a Volkswagen was named one of the world's most beautiful things. (8"x11") Maybe you don't want to drive a wild horse, or a man-eating tiger, or a killer fish... (8"x11") The man who lives on the left owns a sports car. The man who lives on the right fixes them. (8"x11") The 1966 Pussycat. Only 14,927 in captivity. The Pussycat. It won't eat you out of house and home. The care and feeding of a Pussycat. Type 3 Squareback/Fastback: A fast enough fastback. If this is a Station Wagon, this must be something else. (Bus/Squareback, two pages, 8"x11") Introducing the three new Volkswagens. (Fastback, Squareback, Bug - two pages, 8"x11") It has all the beauty of the ugly one. It would be less than honest to call it a station wagon. (10.5"x13 and 8"x11") Stripped. Loaded. (8"x11") The the three door sedan. (8"x11") The Volkswagen Fastback Sedan. No. It will not replace the bug. What's a nice-looking car like you doing in a Volkswagen ad? (8"x11") 411/412: $3275 for a Volkswagen. Have two doors kept you out of a Volkswagen? (8"x11") 16 options for the price of none. Thing: Volkswagen Presents "The Thing". It can be anything!!! (8"x11", two pages, color) General: A new VW is cheaper at twice the price. If you'd like a good used Volkswagen, see your Volvo dealer. (Volvo ad, 8"x11") Why a $2,000 Volkswagen costs a lot less than any other $2,000 car.