Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:39:07 -0500
From:         TonyCollin <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Doors Closed, LED Dome Light Glows On. Solved?
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

That mod is probably one of my favorite. One lamp controls all of the others.

T.

On Feb 13, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Possibly. I'm not certain of my theory though a grant to study it is pending. ;) Looking at this image from your blog:

http://shufti.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_1064.jpg?w=620

the light delay circuit is basically a large electrolytic cap, IC + other bits to control voltages etc.? I guess even a small trickle of current could mess up that gizmo. You know more of it than I do!

Neil.

> On 2/13/14, Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca> wrote: > > A while back I complained that my led interior door actuated lights would > not shut off. I have a delayed off light unit in the drivers position. The > no turn off effect happened after I installed the LEDs. Didn't happen all > the time. Doesn't happen now that I have added more LEDs to the circuit > (footwell etc). > > The low current draw must have been playing a game with the delay timer > circuit. > > Alistair

-- Neil n

Blog: tubaneil.blogspot.ca

'88 Westy http://tinyurl.com/c8rlw6p

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG *Gas* inline-VR Engine Swap Group:

http://tinyurl.com/d7gd5ej