Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Feb 2014 12:03:54 -0800
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Euro van wheels?
Comments: To: TonyCollin <tonycollin@gmail.com>

Sambs thread on this, short but sweet: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404899&highlight=eurovan+wheels There are lengthy wheel threads that likely cover this in detail, but for all the work involved I picked up Mercedes CLK alloys instead. Stephen On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:57 PM, TonyCollin <tonycollin@gmail.com> wrote: Makes me think that spacers and center bored have to be dealt with. But what about the bolts? On Feb 18, 2014, at 2:38 PM, Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM> wrote: Here's a set of EV 16" steelies on CL locally and he gave the measurements that make me think these are not optimal for a Vanagon. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/4318001017.html "Up for sale is this set of four factory VW Eurovan steel wheels. Overall in great shape, no bends or cracks. They are 16x6 et 53, 5x112 bolt pattern. These will work on a Vanagon as we'll with minor work. As shown in the picture, I'm including one center cap.  Local pickup preferred, but will ship at buyers expense." Stephen On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:53 PM, Ralph Meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM> wrote: I seen a set of 4 alloys for sale on eBay for about 350.00 and thought about them Velma 82 1.9L AAZ td westy > On Feb 18, 2014 11:37 AM, "OlRivrRat" <OlRivrRat@comcast.net> wrote: > >          I would suspect that that would depend on the Style & Width of the wheel ~ The E'V'15" Steelys that I have are 15x6 ET44 & I do have > > 1/2In Spacers on the Front & 3/4In Spacers on the Rear but I was thinking I had done that so as to MakeRoom for the LargeTires that I run > > ( 225/60r15 Front & 235/75r15 Rear) & the BigBrakes I have on the Front ~ But I mounted those Wheels almost 6yrs ago so I don't remember > > if the Spacers were needed for a WheelClearance issue ~               ORR ~ DeanB > > >> On 18 Feb , 2014, at 6:35 AM, Stephen Grisanti wrote: >> >> The EV wheels may also require spacers.  I think the EV ET measurement is about 50 versus the Vanagon  ET of 30 or so, suggesting the need for 20mm spacers to position the wheel properly. >> >> Stephen >> >> >> On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:05 AM, OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >>          The BoltPattern is the same but the CenterHolt may need to be BoredOut ~ I have E'V'15" Steelys on my 90Westy >> >> & they needed to be Bored ~                 ORR ~ DeanB >> >> >>> On 17 Feb , 2014, at 6:32 PM, Ralph Meyermann wrote: >>> >>> Hi, me again! Got a question, will eurovan wheels fit my westy? Been busy >>> wheel shopping and trying to find something a little more flashy than >>> straight vanagon alloys. >>> Velma 82 1.9L AAZ td westy >> >>