Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:58:13 -0800
From:         Stacy Schneider <vwcrewman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Idle question
Comments: To: "Chris S." <szpejankowski@gmail.com>

I would start by looking at your idle control relay (behind tail light) Look and see if it is an ( A or C ) or ( B or D) . The A/C is DJ . These play a huge part in the proper idling of these engines . The B/D will work but it idles at a different RPM . When these are bad it takes good information and puts out a bad signal . I would be tempted to borrow a B/D and see if it smooths out your idle . I run my DJ with a full MV system ,02 sensor and cat .

Stacy

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Chris S. <szpejankowski@gmail.com> wrote:

> This a DJ code ECU, harness, and all systems as they were in the donor > vehicle. So no O2 to worry about or wiring mishaps, as things were fine for > several years until winter. > > Thanks for bringing up the Temp 2 sensor - I will test that! > > > > Chris. > > Wysłane z iPhone'a > > Dnia Feb 21, 2014 o godz. 16:11 Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> > napisał(a): > > > Most likely you have a bad idle valve controller. There are a number of > outside factors that can cause this. Temp 2 sensor goes to the ICU and if a > 2.1 system was added to a 1.9 ECU may be part of the problem. A bad ground > for the temp 2 sensor can also be a problem along with the sensor itself. > > > > Dennis > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf > Of Chris S. > > Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 3:33 PM > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Subject: Idle question > > > > My '84 with DJ code WBX has an interesting issue. The idle control > system is same as a 2.1l MV. It idles high, but when I unplug the ICV it > purrs like a kitten at proper rpm. Plug ICV back in and it shoots up again. > I've set and reset idle a few times now after I cleaned ICV internals. > > > > Any ideas? > > > > Chris. > > > > Wysłane z iPhone'a > > >

-- 1989 Swedish Tristar with Aluminum gates and Atiwe 16" Wheels. Oldest son is an Eagle scout.