Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:28:56 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: interesting vanagon for sale in victoria
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

dear interesting

it is an interesting vanagon = ++ the 5 speed - diesel OEM - that is a nice combination - on the highway it is very easy to get close to and sometimes north of 40MPG if it is a turbo then all the better -

++ 1990 with all the stuff done already - (cosmetically ) i would concern myself with the timing belt especially cause there is no way to know the exact milage - they are good for about 60k - 80k miles - in and around the 100K Km mark they require changing - or else they will skip a beat on the road and thats it for that engine - (been there done that )

++ not a westie - no sink or stove - so no motor home classification - indeed in BC it is considered a station wagon -

++ if the body style is the same as the joker body style it is a little higher than a regular vanagon - more like a syncro - (that should spark some flaming rhetoric) -

-- they want to put a what in it - a v8 audi - wow been watching too many commercials - "Coulda Had A V8" -- ceeeshh

regards

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca> wrote:

> vw mechanic I know is selling his '90 van. Has a diesel in it, but I did > drive it when he had the audi v8 installed. I liked the v8 install, was so > very quiet and smooth power. > > anyhoo, his ad is here: > > http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1990-Volkswagen-Vanagon_21565525 > > alistair > > h

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497 http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt