Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:22:03 -0800
From:         Andrew Martin <ramblinvan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sad news
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

"A leap of faith on Leap Day" she said.

I had the marriage license, an ordained minister lined up and one of the required witnesses but I needed one more...

Daryl! I called him and he said: sounds like fun... tell me where and I'll be there.

We were married on March 29, 2012 inside our 87 Westfalia Weekender by The Reverend Doctor Strom with Marco and Daryl as our witnesses.

There was 5 of us crammed into the van plus I had the Propex cranked way up so it would be warm enough inside for Daryl.

Marco and Daryl were seated while Amanda and I stood with the Reverend Strom presiding. (This was the only truly serious moment I'd ever spent with Daryl!)

After we said our vows and the documents were signed, we buckled our seat belts and I drove our wedding party and the wedding chapel into Kirkland for Mexican food.

It was freaking awesome.

I am sad that he is gone now but probably like most people who knew him, I cannot stop myself from smiling just a little when I think of him. He brighten my life forever.

Andrew