Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:09:32 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shady Boy: That bad in wind?

Hi All

Not pushing the awnings that We make but Both are intended for High Winds. BUT, The tension awning is not really for rain it will pool . What I have done with the Tension is to take the outside poles as low as they will go and reset the rope tension.

The Claw will hold into the ground 1100 Pounds of pull Force. We do sell the Claw by itself if your concerned about weenee tent stakes. I have had both of my Awnings in Extremes gusts up to 60 MPH on both and both held there ground. The Vintage Frame awning does not come with the Claw BUT can always be added. I use it on mine every time.

Here are some links. I did see the shady boy and other awnings but wanted a better fabric and color options since I am sorta a sicko about that.

But here are a few links for anyone that wishes to look at them. Again Not pushing just want to give other options since the Fiamma and and others were being listed.

Hope this helps. If any questions your welcome to give me a shout. Jonce http://fanchers.com/278/Vanagon%20Westy%20Side%20Awning.htm

http://fanchers.com/260/Vintage%20Frame%20Awning.htm

http://fanchers.com/283/The%20Claw.htm

http://fanchers.com/72/80-91%20VW%20Vanagon.htm