Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:47:46 -0700
From:         Jon Kanas <kanas@QADAS.COM>
Subject:      Considering sale of Syncro Westy
Comments: To: Vanagon Syncro List <Syncro@yahoogroups.com>

Good Morning all,

It is with some regret that we are considering selling our 1987 Westfalia Syncro. After severely breaking my leg last August and Kim no longer able to comfortably ride in the Vanagon, we considering a sale. Here's a summary and there are images on my website: http://www.2experts.org/Vehicles/Syncro/Syncro_Index.html

* 1987 Syncro Westfalia camper. 133K Miles. Original driveline. No overhauls. I purchased it from the original owner in January, 1993. * Meticulously maintained (including replacing fuel lines), with full records from 1993 (50K miles) when I purchased it, including fuel consumption logs. * Running Mobil1 with appropriate German filters. * Behr after A/C (front only, not charged). The radio has been built into a custom box on top of the dash as the A/C vents occupy the original radio location. * Wolfsram Grey Metallic. Major exterior reconditioning in 2010 including seam rust repair, blue top and lower rocker accents, new grey canvas, full clear bra, new weatherstripping as needed * Original grey interior, excellent condition. All the original camper paraphernalia is intact and in excellent condition * Three fluorescent tube lights, one over sink, one over lower bed, and one in the very back of the lower bed which illuminates the engine and outdoors behind the Vanagon at night. * Folding exterior step to ease access into the camper * Built-in battery maintenance charger. Plug a cord into the 120V socket on the left side of the Vanagon and this charger maintains the battery charge when the Vanagon is not being used frequently. * Tinted windows * Alarm * SA grill and lights. Outer lights are Cibie 7" E code H4, stock wattage * Bosch foglights with correct instrument panel mounted switch * 4x New Continental Vanco tires mounted on 14" factory alloys * 4x Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10C studded ice tires on 14" steel wheels (currently on vehicle). These are about 40% worn.

Incidentals which are included:

* Some spares, including fair amount of stuff for the instrument panel (switches, flexible circuit strips, old instruments), some weatherstripping pieces and an original Behr housing to remount the radio vertically near the heater outlets. * I was given a tent, many years ago, which is supposed to attach to the sliding door opening. It's big, and I've never attempted to use it. In fact, I've never even unpacked it. * Retractable camp awning which mounts on the passenger side. I don't recall the brand name, but widely recognized as a high quality awning. * Matching upholstery two-person center seat. Factory mounts are installed in the Syncro. There are two carpet sets, one for when the center seat is in use and one when it's out. * Colgan bra * Bentley manual

This Syncro has been used extensively for travel and camping - almost all of the mileage is highway mileage of some sort. There has been body damage in it's life which has been properly repaired whenever necessary. Although not absolutely perfect it is damn nice.

Priced appropriately at $22,500. To discuss further, please contact me at kanas@qadas.com.

*Best Regards, Jon B Kanas *Email: kanas@qadas.com <mailto:kanas@qadas.com> Website: http://www.2experts.org <http://www.qadas.com/%7Ekanas> *Longmont, Colorado; Cultural Center of the Universe*

**