Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:50:18 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: I am not alone

My Vanagon is pretty easy to keep going. I think the key is to replace the troublesome WBX motor... Most of the unreliability issues seem to stem from those...

When I first began to consider a Vanagon... a bit of research told me I wanted nothing to do with a stock motor..... Every review said they were poorly designed and very prone to frequent expensive repairs. I was smart enough to choose to do an "end run" and find a Vanagon with a different motor... Rather than learn all about how to fix a water boxer and keep it fixed...

Yes a 30yr old machine of any sort is going to have things wearing out but with the Vanagon we're able to do most of the needed replacements on our own with simple tools. The Trick seems to be to replace stuff before it fails... On Feb 21, 2014 9:42 AM, "Jim Felder" <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote: