Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Mar 2014 08:53:42 -0600
From:         David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: i went to alaska and for got my bus - no not really - but
              somebody did

It is not as easy to operate a "junk yard' as it used to be. Local and federal regulations today limit what oil, gas, other fluids, are allowed to be in the vehicle and worse, what can leak onto the ground. My junkyard days are filled with slippery slopes to walk on due to spilled and leaked fluids. In many places this is being cracked down on and places just close up rather than go through the expensive clean up and hoops to jump through to remain in business. Kinda too bad for us. Good for the environment. Even tho I know which one is best, I still miss the proliferation of used parts available at low cost if one wants to put some sweat labor into it. Not to mention the free parts that went out in my toolbox.

Dave B.