Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Mar 2014 22:37:51 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mann Oil Filter and lifters Was:Engine Starting Problem
Comments: To: JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

At least you blew out the seal to relieve the excess pressure before you spun a bearing, broke the tang off the oil pump shaft, pumped up the lifters to the point of holding valves open, or even pushing out the crank seals. On the inline engines it is common for the lifters to hold the valves open and the cam and the oil pump-distributor shaft to get the seals pushed out.

Dennis