Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Mar 2014 16:47:13 -0800
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Residual Fuel Pressure: hold for 1 hour?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks Dennis.

I wondered if an injector(s) was leaking down. I did the fuel pressure tests with engine up to operating temperature. If the engine is off and has cooled about 1/2 down, can this cause a marginal injector to leak down?

I made a fuel pump relay bypass switch for the fuel pump relay. The engine had been sitting at least 45 minutes but the engine bay still felt warm. When I flipped the bypass switch I could hear fuel rush into the hose, regulator, rail then pressure up. Engine started ok.

On 3/2/14, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ..... However, the usual cause of our systems failing > to maintain pressure is one or more leaking injectors. This more than > anything will create a hard start problem due to the engine being flooded. > In the extreme this is a problem as the extra fuel washes oil off the > cylinder walls and can even mess up intake valves and guides.

-- Neil n

Blog: tubaneil.blogspot.ca

'88 Westy http://tinyurl.com/c8rlw6p

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG *Gas* inline-VR Engine Swap Group:

http://tinyurl.com/d7gd5ej