Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2014 07:33:32 -0700
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Electric: Where should +12V to camping fusebox and relay
              originate?
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:25:39 PM, Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > In the OEM configuration, + power to the camper appliances/lights > should connect to the 30 buss. (B+)     I looked behind the main fuse panel, but could not find any numbers. (It is the older ceramic style fuses) I'm guessing that it is one of the 4 or so thicker red wires in the middle. (Connection number 7 and 8 counted from the drivers side door). Is there a good overview post or web page  of the relays and fuses do? (I find the detailed diagrams in Bentley to be confusing) I studied the relays and wiring in the aux battery compartment a bit more. (thankfully at least there everything is contained in a small area). The camper appears to have a standard dual battery setup, but a previous owner has moved the fridge connection from the switched power on the relay to connect directly on the aux battery. This means the fridge stays on also when the motor is off. Perhaps convenient for short stops, but unfortunate if one forgets to turn it off for the night. Now if I remove the fridge from the aux batt, the only thing remaining is the sink waterpump. Hardly a reason for an aux battery! I could try to move the cabin light, but don;t know how easy it would be to find its wire. Still would not be much reason for the aux batt. Both batteries are pretty new so I was wondering if I should just parallel them instead? Martin