Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Mar 2014 11:19:53 -0500
From:         Tom Stone <tstone8359@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] i went to alaska and for got my bus - no not
              really - but somebody did
Comments: To: lalofs@GMAIL.COM

There is a smartphone app called Row52 I use to check the inventory in local Columbus, OH Pick 'n' Pulls. You might see if your local yards are associated with them. The app has an alert feature that notifies you if a certain vehicle is available. My experience with Vanagons is that they are often "misfiled" with American vans and trucks. I look down those rows too when I'm in a boneyard.

Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:17 am Subject: Re: [VANAGON] [WetWesties] i went to alaska and for got my bus - no not really - but somebody did

Dave, You didn't mention your location, but I seem to recall it's OK. If so, be aware that there LKQ self-serve yards in OK City and Tulsa. LKQ is a nation wide chain that seems to be trying to become a monopoly by buying up yards everywhere. They gobbled up at least 3 of them in Chicago when I lived there and have now taken over at least 3 in W MI where I live now. My Dad helped one of those yards get started back in the early 50's. The LKQ yards in W MI have an on-line listing of their "recently added" vehicles. I don't see any such feature for the OK City yard. Probably $2 admission. Pretty small chance of finding a Vanagon.

Larry A.