Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:58:15 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Paint questions
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@comcast.net>

Well Jeff, there are different ways to be boring. Tricking a utilitarian vehicle out might be boring to some. My camper is for camping. Its function as a vehicle is to get me from point A (home) to point B (where I camp). I want it to do a good job of getting me to point B. I don't want it to be dolled up to do so. That's just me. :-) mcneely

---- J Stewart <fonman4277@comcast.net> wrote: > To each his own, I guess, I'm 55 and I think Vanagons can be made to look pretty damn cool. I have 15" Mercedes alloys on mine and I would love to do more "customizing" including a more powerful engine. My former (and late) father-in-law bought a new white four door Ford sedan every 10 years. Always white, no carpeting, no frills. He thought cars were simply a means of getting from point A to point B. He was absolutely the most painfully boring man I have met in my entire life. I would truly rather die than be like him. Jeff Jeff Stewart ----- Original Message ----- > > A voice of reason is heard. Clap, clap, clap. I mean it, thanks for > > speaking out. mcneely > > ---- Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > > We're talking Vanagons here, aren't we? These are boxy utility or > > > camper vans. Essentially these are not built to be cool-looking. > > > Sticking some fancy wheels on em won't make em "sexy" ...Now I know > > > vehicles are configured according to their owner's personal tastes > > > so if > > > you want to try to turn your vanagon into "Bigfoot", or pretend your > > > GL is > > > a Porsche, go for it...but in the end, we have big square heavy > > > underpowered VANS..... "Lipstick on a pig?".....and no, I don't > > > think my > > > Vanagon is a Pig...the point is... dress it up however... It's still > > > a > > > Vanagon. > > > > > > I guess I shoulda said "It looks good enough for me"...and I often > > > get > > > compliments....so those cheesy cheap wheel covers must be OK.... and > > > I've > > > got an almost endless supply of free wheels that fit without spacers > > > or > > > spare tire fit issues. > > > On Mar 7, 2014 3:37 PM, "Karl Wolz" <wolzphoto@q.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Sez you! ;-) > > > > > > > > Karl Wolz > > > > Sent from my electronic umbilicus > > > > > > > > > On Mar 7, 2014, at 3:58 PM, Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> > > > > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > > my van looks good with cheap > > > > > Big box store > > > > > > -- > > David McNeely

-- David McNeely