Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:31:01 -0500
From:         JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      91 Carat Restoration

OK, now that one van is gone - I'm ready to move into my 91' Carat restoration project.

It's an automatic and has to have a tranny re-build - no question. But while the transaxle is out - I thought I might have a peloquin put in. Plan to have this done locally. No problem for the auto-tranny, but there are question marks about the peloquin being done locally. Any opinions or commentary on this would be appreciated.

If anyone knows about anything that is different about the 91's vs other Carats, I would appreciate hearing of that too. I seem to have heard that headlight switches are different from other Vanagons, and maybe ignition switches as well. But anything helps.

I plan to put on new 15-16 inch rims - and will consider a big brake kit, so am inquiring as to experience among the list membership. I'm also interested in upgrading the rear brakes to disk brakes. Would like info on that as well..

Thanks a bunch, Volks. Ya'll are the best!!

John