Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:38:38 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires and Wheels - The best laid plans of Mice and Men.....
Comments: To: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>

My goal for my Syncro is to maximize the on-road use including foul weather when needed. Think Audi Quattro only larger more usable box with sleeping capability. Every time I take it off road I get upset at the damage that always goes with those excursions. Fighting regular wear and corrosion is bad enough.

Dennis

I bet most Syncro owners only drive on paved roads... Seems like owning a Syncro Westy is more of a fashion statement these days. Fewer people own them for their utility.

Cheers,

Jeff

-----Original Message----- From: Alistair Bell [mailto:albell@shaw.ca] Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:35 PM To: Jeff Schwaia Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Tires and Wheels - The best laid plans of Mice and Men.....

Jeff,

Yes, there is middle ground. And even on that middle ground I would not choose a 55 profile tire on my syncro.

You what fire roads and logging roads are like, they can be pretty nice and well graded then you hit a hole.

Everything is a compromise, and I can see the benefits of a stiff low profile tire when you are on the highway. And if that is all yo rive I your syncro then fine. But who the heck has a syncro and only drives on paved roads?

Alistair