Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:20:40 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy Mods And Camping Gear

I have no problem when someone uses their ears to enjoy an electronic gadget...but when they use MY ears, that pisses me off. It's quite selfish and aggressively nasty to intrude on other's enjoyment of a camping experience, whether it be with your generator to power your electronic 'camping utensils' or your choice of musical entertainment.

To each his own, when it comes to what to take camping, but be sure to not forget to take your manners, your sense of fair play...let the other guys enjoy their experience without imposing whatever it is you happen to be doing on them....

That being said.....In my recent experience I have found that a modern smart phone fits into my Vanagon adventures and takes the place of lots of other bulky items I sometimes included in the past...One little gadget that fits into your shirt pocket can substitute, though in a sometimes lesser way, for lots of other gadgets and it fits into the Vanagon camping experience better than multiple widgets...Include some earbuds and even the tent campers nearby won't even hear you.