Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:02:18 -0700
From:         Peter DiFalco <peter.difalco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday NVC: Ford Transit alternatives?

(LVC) I've just investigated the redesigned Spain-manufactured 2014 Transit Connect Wagon, which comes in a Long Wheelbase config that seats 7 and has fully-fold-flat cargo bay. If/when there is a pop-top available for this long wheelbase version, I might seriously consider looking at it as a very decent alternative to a Weekender / Multivan. However, it lacked some long-drive comforts that I've come to expect from my Vanagon, things like armrests and comfortable back-row seating. However, If you're a two-person camping couple, especially taller humans, you might well go take a look at them as they start being delivered to dealerships; they're very cool. For us as a young family wanting the creature comforts, we're now looking at a Nissan Quest as a future replacement for our non-pop top Vanagon. Le sigh.

Cheers, Peter