Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:23:57 -0700
From:         Keith Hughes <keithahughes@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: After Market A/C project - Items needed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:34:11 -0400 From: Jonathan Berg <jonbergga@GMAIL.COM> Subject: Re: After Market A/C project - Items needed

I have a recollection that a 16x22 condenser will fit in the original spot. Parallel flow - purportedly more efficient than OEM. I think I found this info on The Samba.

http://nostalgicac.com/condensers/unpainted-condenser/16-x-22-superflow-r-134a-condenser.html

I had my eye on this one, but have since placed my beloved Westy Milton with a new owner - strangely, he is participating in this very thread.

It is an odd feeling being the dread 'DPO' (DDPO) myself now.

JB

After scouring the Earth for a condenser to maximize the available space in my Westy last year, this is absolutely the best option. I installed one (along with a herd of other mods) with R-134A and it made a considerable difference (compared to a 14 x 17 parallel flow I previously installed, itself much better than stock with R-134A). The Nostalgic Air folks are a top notch vendor IME, some of the best customer service around. They can also supply the drier, and likely any vents, ducts, or louvers, or fittings that you need. Prices are more than competitive as well.

Keith Hughes '86 Westy Tiico (Marvin)