Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2014 02:41:40 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: transmission for I4 conversion--will a DK fit?
Comments: To: Sam Payne <bungeegull@HOTMAIL.COM>

As Neil said, the DK from an aircooled will replace the early diesel 4 speeds such as DZ and DM codes. The tranny size is the same and both the nose mount and linkage fit the same. This is frequently done when people with 82 diesel vans change to a more powerful engine. Of course the bellhousing on the DK has to be changed to the diesel one and the input shaft needs to be shortened or changed to the diesel part. I have done this both ways many times.

Mark

Sam Payne wrote: > Hello to the list again, it has been a few years. > I’m looking for some information about the fit of an aircooled vanagon > transmission (code DK) into my I4, 51% conversion. I currently have a > diesel vanagon transmission in there (code DZ), and an audi 80 engine (code > 3A), supported by the earlier version diesel engine bars. All done with the > support of this list, particularly Frank Grunthaner.